Why should one be a vegan? Because...
- You get more vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- You get less toxics, insecticides and hormones.
- If you are sensitive to milk or eggs (which many are without knowing), you will feel better.
- Meat costs three times as much as leguminous plants (lentils, beans, peas).
- Leguminous plants expand when cooked while meat shrinks.
- It is better for the environment, since less energy, water and area is needed in the production of vegetables.
- It is impossible to produce meat for all 6 billion people on this planet. Soon we will be 10-15 billion.
- It is optimally kind to animals, since (almost) no animals have to die or suffer for your food.
- It is satisfying without making you gorged.
- Unopened packages of plant milk (soy, oat, rice etc) can be kept for months in room temperature.
- You will suffer less cases of food poisoning.
- It is colorful and beautiful.
- It has an abundance of variation.
...so how can anybody do without being a vegan?